News and Announcements Archive
Law School Dean Announces Resignation
On April 9, 2007 Wayne State University Law School Dean Frank H. Wu informed the Law School’s faculty and staff of his resignation as dean, effective May 2008. The School’s students have also been informed and efforts are underway to notify alumni.
Wu, who has been dean of the Law School since 2004, gave family reasons, and specifically the health concerns of his wife, as the reason for his resignation.
Wu plans to focus on several initiatives before his departure, and in particular the continuing progress on the fundraising for the Damon J. Keith Classroom Building & Center for Civil Rights at the Law School.
During his tenure, the Law School has developed new student scholarships, hired 12 new faculty members, and secured the two largest gifts since the School’s founding.
The search to hire the Law School’s tenth dean will commence shortly.
Founded in 1927 as Detroit City Law School, Wayne State University Law School is the only public law school in the Detroit metropolitan area. The Law School is accredited by the ABA and is a member of AALS; has five live-client clinics; the Arthur Neef Law Library with a collection of over 620,000 volumes in a variety of formats; and a state-of-the-art building with lecture and court facilities, multi-media and distance learning classrooms, and offices for student groups. The Law School currently has 800 students and approximately 11,000 living alumni working in 48 states and 15 foreign countries.